Clean Your Indoor Air
Have you noticed that the air in your home is not as clean and fresh as it should be? These tips will help you breathe easier.
• When cooking or cleaning, keep your windows open as much as possible. (not during pollen season)
• When cooking on the top of the stove, cover pots and pans especially when frying. Use the ventilating fan under the hood of the stove when cooking.
• Use the bathroom exhaust fan or open a bathroom window when steam is present.
• Make sure your vacuum cleaner is working properly and does not blow dust back into the room. Change vacuum cleaner bags frequently.
• Use doormats at each entrance to your home to collect dirt and dust before it enters your home.
• Dust your home regularly and clean large flat surfaces several times a year.
• Vacuum and sweep regularly.
• Clean and change the filters on any humidifiers or air-filtration systems regularly.
• Wash all bedding in hot water weekly.
• Use non-toxic cleaning products and don’t mix different types of cleaning solutions together.
• Place some houseplants in your home. They remove toxins from the air.
• Don’t smoke inside your home.